Disciples of Jesus
[ This is a work is progress ]
Simply put a Disciple of JESUS is someone who learns from Jesus’ words in the thee Gospels, and does what he says to do.
- We believe that, because Jesus is our only teacher, and יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים [YHWH EL , ‘LORD GOD’] is our Father, that ABSOLUTE TRUTH can only come from their words. The Disciple should only quote יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים [YHWH EL , ‘LORD GOD’] or Jesus VERBATIM , and study the meaning of the words in the Greek or Hebrew manuscripts.
- We believe anything said concerning the topics covered in scripture that is not a direct quote from יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים [YHWH EL , ‘LORD GOD’] or Jesus is prone to error. That any mixing and matching of verses in order to make a point that is not said VERBATIM by יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים [YHWH EL , ‘LORD GOD’] or Jesus could be false. When people do this, or say “what God really meant was”, we call this writing scripture.
- Jesus is our only teacher:
Matthew 23:8,10 NKJV “But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. “And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.
- יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים [YHWH EL , ‘LORD GOD’] is our only Father:
Matthew 23:9 NKJV – “Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.
- Our family are those who do the will of God:
Matthew 12:50 NKJV – “For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”
Mark 3:35 NKJV “For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”
- We are not to add to the Torah, nor take away:
Deuteronomy 4:2 NKJV “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Deuteronomy 12:32 NKJV “Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.
- We are called ‘Disciples’, and we are to “make Disciples”:
Matthew 28:19 NKJV “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
- We must forgive or we will not be forgiven. But if we do forgive, we will be forgiven:
Matthew 6:14-15 NKJV “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- We must practice the whole law which is eternal:
Matthew 5:17-18 NKJV “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. “For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
[NOTE THE ‘613’ LAWS THAT JEWS PRACTICE IS NOT “THE LAW”. THEY HAVE GREATLY ALTERED THE LAW]
- Jesus calls those who teach the law as “Great”, and those who tell people to break the law as “least”:
Matthew 5:19 NKJV – “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- Jesus says the lawless will be cast away at the Judgement:
Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV – “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. “Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
- In order to enter into eternal life we must keep the commandments:
“Matthew 19:16-17 NKJV Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
- According to JESUS, Only יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים [YHWH EL , ‘LORD GOD’] is Good:
Matthew 19:16-17 NKJV Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.“
- Calling a brother a “Fool” [Greek word ‘MOROS’ = MORON] can send us to Hell:
Matthew 5:22 NKJV “…but whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.”
- Concerning those Jesus calls “Brothers”, Those who fed his brothers, gave drink, clothed, helped when sick, visited in prison, they will Jesus say ” ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world”. – Matthew 25.34
- But those who did not do the things mentioned in #11, they will hear this:
Matthew 25:41-46 NKJV – “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 ‘for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 ‘I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’
45 “Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
46 “And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
- Jesus has authority on Earth and Heaven:
Matthew 28:18 NKJV – And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.”
Mark 1:27 NKJV – Then they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, “What is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him.”
- YHWH places the Eunuch that keeps his Sabbaths, and “chooses the things that please” YHWH above others:
Isaiah 56:4-5 KJV For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
- The Son of Man will return from Heaven which is in the sky:
Mark 13:26 NKJV – “Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
Matthew 24:30 NKJV – “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.