[ This website is under construction. Feel free to explore. By September the site should be more complete ].
We must define the words in the language used by scripture.
The Greek words “Disciple”,”Jesus” and “Christ”.
Noun Form μαθητής (mathētēs) 1.) a learner, pupil, disciple
Verb Form μαθητεύω (mathēteuō) 1.) to be a disciple of one 1.a.) to follow his precepts and instructions 2.) to make a disciple 2.a.) to teach, instruct
Jesus the Christ:
̓Ιησου̑ς (iēsous) Jesus =” Jehovah is salvation” 1.) Jesus, the Son of God, the Son of Man
Χριστός (Khristos) Christ =” anointed” 1.) Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God 2.) anointed
A disciple of Jesus follows only Jesus our only Rabbi.
A disciple of Jesus learns from the real Jesus [Matthew, Mark, & Luke] our Rabbi and our Father Yahweh
“‘But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. ‘Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.’And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.'”
Therefore, since we only have ONE teacher, we reject the teachings of everyone else regarding Yahweh.
While Proximity Christians bounce back and forth between the popular theologians of the day, we follow Jesus.
While Mormons add Jospeh Smith to scripture, we follow Jesus only.
While main-streamers follow Paul, we stick with Jesus.
“But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. “Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. “And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ”. – Matthew 23:8-10 NKJV
1. Here is an example of Men breaking this commandment and showing that they are not completely Disciples of Jesus:
Almost all denomination have this phrase in their Statement of Faith on their websites: “The eternal triune God” [This is from the Southern Baptist Convention]. Nowhere did Yahweh or Jesus make this statement. This is their opinion, but they are stating it as fact. They then pick several verses to make it appear that God is 3.
But what does Yahweh say through Moses? “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!” – Deuteronomy 6:4 NKJV
What does Jesus the Messiah say?
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!” – Deuteronomy 6:4 NKJV
So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God”. – Mark 10:18 NKJV
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one”. – Mark 12:29 NKJV
So the True Doctrine is directly quoting these verses without adding to the text.
2. Another example of men inserting themselves into the spot of Father and Teacher was read by me yesterday. They said that the only unforgivable sin was not believing [having faith,trust,reliance] on Jesus and God.
But what did Jesus say the only unforgivable sin is?
Since He is our teacher we will quote Him directly:
“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men”. – Matthew 12:31 NKJV
So the doctrine is this verse word by word.
3. The following comes from Christian Broadcasting Network. A TV channel that has played the teacher and repeated their own teachings. They have deceived millions of people.
The question is, “Do people have to be saved?”Their answer comes from the false book of ‘John’ and from the false Apostle Paul.
Is this True? Almost all protestants would immediately say “Amen!”.
I must ask, “Who are you a disciple of?”
Here is what Jesus said concerning being forgiven by God:
“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. – Matthew 6:14-15 NKJV
In this passage it is clear we must forgive to be forgiven. This verse is the doctrine
4.But what about Eternal Life? Fortunately Jesus was asked specifically about this:
Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. “You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ” And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.” Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.” But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?” But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.” – Mark 10:17-27 NKJV
The Protestant doctrine of Paul that you don’t have to do anything to “inherit eternal life” is wrong.
Matthew 10:24-25 KJV – The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
Luke 6:40 KJV – The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
Luke 14:26-27, 33 KJV – 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. … 33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Often when people ask, “What is a disciple of Jesus?”, they really are wanting to know, “How do Disciples differ from my denomination in the 21st century?”
- What is a Disciple of Jesus? A Disciple is a person taught by another. The Disciple will adopt the teachings and actions of their teacher.
- How are Disciples of Jesus different from 21st Century North American Protestants? Most Protestants are Disciples of many people. They often follow the Apostle Paul more than Jesus. They also learn from many ‘theologians’, famous ‘reformers’, and television personalities.
- What is the Canon of the Disciple Bible? The Disciple Bible starts in Genesis and ends at Luke. The books after Luke contradict Jesus and Yahweh. Therefore they cannot be of God.
- Do Disciples have a statement of Faith? No. True Scripture is our doctrinal statement. The only teachings that are True are the words of Jesus, Yahweh, and those he spoke through. When denominations create their statement of faith they always add words that God never spoke. Like the word “Trinity” or “Triune”. Also, when people write a statement of faith, they are choosing verses based on their subjective reasoning. The problem with this is when people who have not read scripture read these statements of faith, they are led down the subjective reality of the writer. And unfortunately, Christians do not tell people “This is our opinion, only what God and Jesus say are True”. Because of this we have 1000s of denominations all thinking their version is True.
Disciples of Jesus will only quote God or Jesus directly. If we do not, then we will say, “This is our opinion, Only God and Jesus’ words are absolute Truth”.
- Are Disciples of Jesus Christians? No. We are not called Christians for the simple fact that Jesus didn’t call us Christian. He referred to us as “Disciples” and “Brothers”.
- Do Disciples have houses of worship? No. Jesus never commanded we build one.
- Who is the founder of Disciples of Jesus? Jesus & Yahweh.