1. The Commandment: “One Teacher”.
A commandment in Matthew that few follow is Jesus’ instructions on who our teacher, master, and Father are:
“But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ,and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.”
The main problem is, in the false ‘Church’ , there are millions of “teachers” of scripture. They place themselves in-between men and God.
2. True Doctrine are Yahweh & Jesus’ words verbatim, nothing added.
The practice of God’s people in scripture [True Scripture = Genesis through to Luke] has been to repeat what God has said.
Here are some examples:
1. The often repeated phrase “Thus says the LORD”, and then the prophet will quote Yahweh verbatim.
2. In the name “Angel”, the meaning is “Messenger”, and they deliver Yahweh’s words.
3. Matthew 10:19 NLT “When you are arrested, don’t worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time.
For it is not you who will be speaking–it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.”
4. Deuteronomy 12:32 “So be careful to obey all the commands I give you. You must not add anything to them or subtract anything from them.”
5. Proverbs 30:6 “Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar”.
6. Job 13:7 “Will you speak wickedly for God, And talk deceitfully for Him?”
7. 2 Samuel 23:2 “The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word [was] in my tongue“.
8. Numbers 11:24 “So Moses went out and reported the LORD’s words to the people…”
9. Numbers 14:39 “When Moses reported the LORD’s words to all the Israelites, the people were filled with grief.”
3. Baptism for the Dead:
Mormons teach on their website that,
“By performing proxy baptisms in behalf of those who have died, Church members offer these blessings to deceased ancestors. Individuals can then choose to accept or reject what has been done in their behalf.”, at the end of the page they sum it up with, “The New Testament indicates that baptisms for the dead were done during the time of the Apostle Paul. This ordinance was restored with the establishment of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”
Millions of hours have been spent by healthy men and women performing this misled ritual. Authors have used glowing and ‘Holy’ language to celebrate and promote this practice. And the so-called Christian Theologians seem blind to the obvious meaning of this passage in the context of the chapter.
Joseph Smith, the false prophet of Mormonism, had this to say about it.
“The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead.”
Baptism for the Dead in context: What Paul actually meant
All of this comes from a horrible misreading or deception,of another teacher who is not Jesus, the false apostle Paul.
In 1st Corinthians 15, Paul is saying that people are saying there will be no resurrection from the dead. So he says that Jesus rose from the dead, so to say there is no resurrection, then Jesus has not been raised from the dead. When he mentions “baptism for the dead”, he is talking about people being baptized in the name of Jesus. If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then why be baptized for Jesus?
Here is the text. I encourage you to read the whole chapter:
1 Corinthians 15:12 NKJV – Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1 Corinthians 15:13 NKJV – But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
1 Corinthians 15:14 NKJV – And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching [is] empty and your faith [is] also empty.
1 Corinthians 15:15 NKJV – Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up–if in fact the dead do not rise.
1 Corinthians 15:16 NKJV – For if [the] dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.
1 Corinthians 15:17 NKJV – And if Christ is not risen, your faith [is] futile; you are still in your sins!
1 Corinthians 15:29 NKJV – …Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead, if the dead do not rise at all? Why then are they baptized for the dead?
Paul is simply saying this, “If Jesus did not rise from the dead, then you who are being baptized in His Name, are being baptized for a dead man”.
I plead with the reader to not go into the doctrinal doors that men open, but recognize only Jesus in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, and Yahweh our Father are able to teach us. Again Jesus said:
But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.
Almost every person who accepts a denomination as “Truth”, has simply:
- Adopted the first Church they looked into.
- Or it is their parents denomination.
- Or the most popular denomination.
- Or the only denomination that they know of.
In 2018 most everyone has access to all they need to study Yahweh and Jesus. It is up to you to get these things right. Often when people say “God found me”, or “I found God”, included in that finding is a lot of false doctrines. These False understandings of who Jesus and Yahweh are in many cases drastically different from who they truly are that in the end one may wonder if they are not worshiping an idol.
Matthew 12:36 “But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.”
This warning , and the reality of Hell, should make us afraid to say anything that is false.
May you only repeat what Yahweh and Jesus taught us.